We have different art classes offered each month. Please check the calendar or call 320-634-0400 for what is coming up. There is a variety: from painting to jewelry to cake decorating. It’s all fun and happening at the Square!
For special classes, see the information below.
MYRON SAHLBERG PAINTING CLASS
Thursday–Friday • June 8–9, 2017
9am to 4pm each day
Painting a Small Still Life of Fruit in Oil
Class limit: 10 students
Class fee: $40 per student
To register, call the office at 320-634-0400. Registration is not complete until money is received.
SUPPLIES AND TOOLS NEEDED FOR THE CLASS:
• A palette with your basic oil colors
• Odorless Mineral spirits and brush washer
• Oil brushes – prefer brights or flats – roughly three to five sizes – 1/4″ to 3/4″
• One roll of Viva paper towels
• Stand up or table easel
• 1-4 pieces of 8″ x 10″ canvas (stretched or not) or gessoed board. If your canvas is un-stretched, bring tape and board (not too big) to mount your canvas on for painting.
• Two or three pieces of fruit that will last for two days of painting.
• A small desk lamp or clip on lamp with about a 60 watt warm LED bulb
• A 6–12′ extension cord.
• A neutral piece of cloth or paper (white or light gray) to use as a base and background for your fruit.
• A box or something small to drape your fabric on as a backdrop for your fruit still life.
This class has been subsidized through a grant from the Lakes Region Arts Council.
2017 Summer Art Program
July 5–August 10
Wednesdays • ages 7–11, 9–11:30am
Thursdays • ages 12–adult, 9–11:30am
$60 for the 6-wk session or $15 per class.
Call the office for information & registration.